Welcome to 2nd Grade!
Shared 2nd grade website: http://calebgreenwood2ndgrade.blogspot.com
We are off to a great start! We have been enjoying reading our favorite books! We have been busy Benchmark Testing and the students have been very diligent. Benchmark Testing will end this week. We are working on settling into our routine, and have been talking about the IB Learner Profile as well as the Attitudes. We have also come to an agreement about what a working and respectful classroom looks like. These are our Essential Agreements and they are posted in the classrooms.
- Back to School Night – We look forward to seeing you where we can share with you our classroom procedures, homework, IB curriculum, and possible opportunities to volunteer.
- Green Folders – These are the Wednesday folders that have information about the school, classroom, and student work. Please return every Thursday so we can get them ready for the next week. In this week’s folder is the Volunteer packet please fill out as soon as possible if you would like to volunteer, as the paperwork can take a few weeks to process.
- Volunteers- If you plan to volunteer on field trips, in the garden, or any other activity outside of the physical classroom you MUST be fingerprinted.
- Library- Our Library schedule begins next week. Please return the form as soon as possible so that your child can check out a book. Mrs. Pedley is Wednesday at 1:00 to 1:30.
- Homework: As a reminder, students are to provide their own 1 inch binder. We will discuss in more detail on Wednesday, however look for a homework check off sheet which also serves as the reading log, math homework, and decodeables.
Thank you for all the supplies you have donated to the classroom and all of your support. We greatly appreciate it!!