Reopening Updates from Mrs. Hanson
April 7, 2021
Good Afternoon, Caleb Families!
The Caleb campus has been busy all week with preparations for our return to in-person learning for our K-3rd Cohort B students tomorrow. We can’t wait to see you and have a few VERY important reminders.
If you were not able to attend our Community Meeting for Reopening, please watch the recording and/or view our Parent Handbook for Reopening, which was updated today in response to questions from last night’s meeting. You can also visit our Reopening Information page for schedules and maps. If you have any questions, please refer to these documents and then reach out to the front office or your child’s teacher for clarification.
Parents are expected to conduct a Passive Health Screening for their child either before coming to school or upon your arrival. YOU HAVE TWO OPTIONS:
Digital Health Screening Prior to Arrival
- Download and follow the instructions for the Frontline Health Portal
- Use the PARENT email address associated with SCUSD, not your child’s
- Check Infinite Campus for Student ID, or call the front office if you are not able to locate it
- Conduct the Daily Health Check and be prepared to show the “Health Check Cleared” page on your phone when dropping off your child. Your child may then proceed through Active Screening (temperature check)
Health Screening Upon Arrival
- Read the Health Screening Poster upon arrival
- A Caleb Staff member will ask you if you answered “No” to all of the questions. If so, your child may proceed through Active Screening (temperature check)
Arrival Reminders & Updates
- Remember to WEAR A MASK and stay six feet away from others outside your household!
- Arrival begins at 7:45am daily
- Parents MUST accompany children for drop off on their FIRST day of in-person learning; AFTER that, if your child is able to answer the passive screening questions and independently navigate social distancing and active screening they may arrive unaccompanied. However, if your child arrives unaccompanied and is unable to adhere to health & safety guidelines while waiting to enter or independently navigate the screening process, you will be contacted and expected to accompany them.
- Parents & Students line up at entry gates on markers/six feet apart
- Staff will ask for evidence of passive screening health check, check roster to ensure they are at school on the correct day, then direct them to temperature check
- Parents remain until cohort has been confirmed and temperature checked; students will then be allowed to enter campus
- K/1 students walked by greeters to teacher lines in courtyard
- 2nd-6th students proceed directly to classrooms
- First bell rings at 7:55; K/1 proceed to classrooms; students arriving after this time will be escorted to directly to classrooms
- Instruction & Zoom begin at 8:00am sharp!
The district offers very limited bus services to families residing in the Cal Expo area. Bus #10-01 driven by Meliza Garcia will pick up from 1360 Response Road @ 7:20am, 1745 Heritage Lane @ 7:25am, and Cal Expo Gate 12 @ 7:35am. Drop off times are subject to departure after 11:00am dismissal. Please call the front office with questions.
Bikes & Scooters
Students may begin riding bikes and scooters to/from school AFTER their first day of in-person instruction; they will be directed to park their bikes and scooters at the racks and fences nearest their DISMISSAL GATE
If you requested a Chromebook, please know that we are working on fulfilling your request, but it may take a couple of days.
This is a criteria-based program for Foster Youth, Students Experiencing Homelessness, English Learners and Students with Disabilities. There is VERY limited space which will be allotted by application date to students who meet the criteria. Please do NOT assume your child has a space if you applied. You will be notified by The Center if your child has been selected to participate; assume they have not until then. Start date is still TDB.
Everything else you need to know is in our Parent Handbook for Reopening!
We’ve got this, Cougars! Set your alarms, get a good night’s sleep, eat a healthy breakfast, come to school and Zoom prepared and on time, and remember to WEAR A MASK! We can’t wait to see you!