Weekly Message from Interim Principal Chadwick
September 5, 2021
Hello Caleb Families!
Yay for all of us!! Working together, the Caleb staff and community had a successful return to school. We were extremely happy to see everyone. A huge thank you and shout out to our PTSO for all of the celebratory touches that they added to make this day special. Also, parents, you deserve a huge round of applause for all the donations to our classrooms and school. Your donations will be put to good use, and they are very much appreciated. I would also like to take this time to thank our volunteers that have worked so hard to beautify our gardens and clean our track.
Several reminders and one correction-
· Students wishing to eat breakfast need to enter Gate C which is on the side of the school, on Camellia. Breakfast is served from 7:30 a.m. until 7:55 a.m. I do want to remind you that both breakfast and lunch are free for all students this year. Students are doing a great job of going directly to their classroom lines. Thank you, parents, for understanding that we need to minimize the number of visitors on the campus.
· Please mark on your calendars our Virtual Back to School Night, September 15th at 6:00 p.m. Please be on the lookout for information from your child’s teacher.
· Our Parent Teacher Student Organization (PTSO) would like me to tell you to Mark Your Calendars! The PTSO-organized Welcome Back Picnic is Friday, September 24 from 5:30 p.m.-7:30 p.m. at Glenn Hall Park. PTSO says to bring your blanket, a picnic dinner, and enjoy sweet treats for sale from the Meltdown Ice Cream truck. Let’s reconnect with old friends and make new ones with our special Caleb community.
· We are in the planning stages for continuing some of the activities that have become a Caleb tradition such as the Cougars on the Run which was done on Friday mornings in the past. Watch for more information.
· Also be sure to check out the IB PYP News to begin learning about the essential elements of our International Baccalaureate Primary Years Program. Please click the link below for this week’s issue:
I wish you a very good three-day weekend. Enjoy your Labor Day and we will you see on Tuesday to continue our learning journey. Thank you for your time. Be safe. See you next week.
Caleb Greenwood Interim Principal